LIFE Skills Foundation Development Manager
About LIFE Skills Foundation
LIFE Skills Foundation provides transition age youth ages 15-24 with housing, independent living skills, counseling and wraparound supports to help them become successful, independent adults. Most of our participants have aged out of foster care or are housing insecure for other reasons. LIFE Skills is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the professional development and well-being of all employees. We provide competitive salaries and a full benefits package. Relocation assistance is not available. We participate in e-verify .
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Development Manager is responsible for working with the Executive Director to: ensure that LIFE Skills Foundation has adequate financial resources to meet its strategic goals; promote public awareness and support for the organization’s mission; and assist with maintaining/growing the donor database. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting directly to the Executive Director. This position is intended to average 90% fundraising and 10% operations.
List of Responsibilities, Requirements and Duties:
1. Development and communications (90%)
a. Grant writing, record keeping and reporting
b. Manage annual campaign
c. Event coordination (two major events each year)
d. Social media, e-newsletter and website updates
e. Maintain donor records, send acknowledgements and grow the donor database
f. Identify new funding opportunities
g. Help to support the Board Development Committee
2. Operations (10%)
a. Assist with documenting and/or updating policies and procedures as needed
b. Assist with knowledge/document management
Duties may also include:
1. Public speaking
2. Working with youth interns
3. Staying up to date on fundraising and other trends
4. Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director
Required Skills and Experience:
1. At least 2 years of experience writing a variety of government and non-governmental grant
proposals and grant reports
2. At least 2 years experience cultivating major donors and/or corporate donors
3. Experience using social media to successfully promote nonprofit organizations and raise funds
4. Excellent writing skills
5. Event planning and management experience including ticketed events and a range of large and
6. Familiarity with the SalesForce Nonprofit Success Pack for donor management (may substitute
another comparable CRM if needed)
7. Experience with iContact, MailChimp or other programs for distributing e-newsletters
Additional Skills and Experience:
LIFE Skills Foundation is committed to providing a workplace where all employees and clients are respected and supported. To be successful, employees need a high level of cultural and emotional competency as well as exemplary communications skills. The work requires that staff problem-solve independently, but also function as part of a close-knit team. Training in topics such as team dynamics, facilitation, diversity, equity, leadership or other areas is a plus.
The following are desirable, but not required:
1. Working with transition age youth - especially those who have been in foster care or have
2. Quickbooks and/or other bookkeeping software
3. Trail running as a competitor or race organizer
4. Basic understanding of SEO principles and Google analytics
5. Proficiency managing websites built on SquareSpace or Wordpress
6. Google Suite Administrator experience
To apply for this position, please send a brief cover letter, resume and links to any social media pages you
have managed professionally (include link(s) at the bottom of the cover letter) to Alex Protzman
email@example.com via email (no calls please). If desired, you may also include a link to your LinkedIn
page. Please do not send links to your personal social media pages.
CLOSING DATE: 12/12/2019
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org BY DECEMBER 12. For further instructions, please see the attached file.
LIFE Skills offers health insurance, retirement matching contributions, generous paid leave and a flexible work environment.