POSITION OPENING FOR A DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Location: Raleigh NC
Our client is a non-profit organization focused on military suicide prevention with a mission to stop soldier (service member and veteran) suicide. This organization works 1-on-1 with troops, veterans, and military family members to help navigate the maze of services, programs, and assistance available and serve as an advocate for every client. They seek to find the right resources to meet their specific needs and provide follow up care and additional resources as needs arise. The organization serves all service members (active duty and reserve), veterans, and military family members from every generation and branch of service, regardless of discharge status.
The organization is seeking an experienced, energetic and dynamic candidate that is looking for an opportunity to work with a growing non-profit organization. This is a high visibility role that will report to and support the Executive Director to lead resource development and revenue generating activities. This position is responsible for managing all fundraising initiatives, preparing and implementing a long-term Development Plan and overseeing the planning, coordination, and management of nationally recognized events and revenue generation.
Candidates for this position should possess the following:
• Proven entrepreneurial spirit in building a business or organization from the ground up.
• Ability to scale the organization through development strategies that include capability to:
o Develop and implement a comprehensive written resource development plan with strategies for marketing, resource opportunities and donors/prospects.
o Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors. This includes ability to conceptualize and lead overall fundraising with proven ability to lead major annual fundraising campaign, putting together a marketing strategy and create/implement major gifts program, planned giving program, and volunteer giving program.
o Maintain alignment between the organization’s fund development plan and its communications and policy strategy.
o Develop a strategy to steward and cultivate 10k+ supporters and donors.
o Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Stop Soldier Suicide across the US, nationally and within the local communities we work with.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Non-Profit Management or Business Management required
• 3-5 years of professional non-profit development and resource management experience required
• Must be confident and outgoing with an approachable style to engage internal and external relations
• A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and a team player that takes initiative and can nurture relationships with all providers, establish positive working relationships, and foster a company culture of collaboration that builds credibility and rapport.
• Excellent leadership management to coordinate, develop and communicate a unified partnership
• An unwavering attention to detail and aptitude for information management required
• Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with board members, donors, community partners, employees, volunteers, clients and other stakeholders as well as execute essential marketing and fundraising information.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office suite. Proficient in Google drive, Salsa, Canva, Adobe, Square POS, Bidr
• Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
Please direct all resumes to: email@example.com
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.