The Development Coordinator collaborates with other CFSA staff in engaging farmers, individuals, and allied organizations in CFSA’s programs; broadening and deepening CFSA’s membership and fundraising support; and implementing CFSA’s Fundraising Plan. Responsibilities include travel to events to promote the organization’s work, cultivating and stewarding donors and members, and supporting the production of development materials to showcase CFSA’s impact across the Carolinas.
The Development Coordinator reports to the Development Director and supervises no staff members.
● Work closely with the Membership Coordinator to grow the organization's membership and
represent CFSA at community events where members and community partners are key
● Manage the research, cultivation and stewardship of new and ongoing sponsors and exhibitors for CFSA’s two annual conferences.
● Manage targeted stewardship efforts for donors and corporate and foundation funders.
● Maintain up-to-date digital files on donor information and interactions.
● Conduct ongoing prospect research.
● Connect with funders and individual donors who may be interested in specific programs by
working closely across each of CFSA’s teams and with program staff.
● Work closely with Development Director and Communications Coordinator to create and execute
several annual fundraising campaigns.
● Produce annual Impact Report to highlight CFSA’s successes and reach of programs and technical
services over the last calendar year by working in collaboration with CFSA staff across teams and
● Closely coordinate development and promotion of CFSA events, giving opportunities, and
programmatic content with the Communications, Education, and Membership teams.
● A minimum of two years relevant experience, such as fundraising, sales, promotion, development, or other transferrable skill set.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written and listening) and ability to work effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders.
● Exceptional planning and organizational skills; strong attention to detail; proven ability to prioritize, plan, and meet deadlines consistently; and comfort with accountability and performance-based metrics.
● Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, donor management/CRM software, Internet research, and facility in learning new data management and e-newsletter distribution tools.
● Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
● Ability to travel and maintain a flexible work schedule that includes some nights and weekends.
● Passion for promoting and supporting sustainable agriculture and local food systems; personal
qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to CFSA’s mission.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred.
To apply, please submit:
- Your resume,
- A cover letter explaining why you want to work to support diversified, sustainable family farms
and food systems,
- A writing sample demonstrating effective solicitation and communication skills, and
- A list of professional references.
Applications should be submitted as a single .pdf saved as your first and last name. Send the document to email@example.com with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line. You will receive an electronic confirmation of your email submission. No phone calls, please.
The salary range for this position is $38,000 - $44,000, commensurate with experience. In addition, CFSA offers generous vacation, retirement, and health insurance benefits. CFSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and people of color. CFSA does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.