Caring Community Foundation is seeking a part-time Development Associate to help carry out key development functions, including stewardship, cultivation and solicitation efforts, as well as communication and outreach activities. Some weekend and evening hours periodically required.
Caring Community Foundation supports cancer patients at triangle-area hospitals in need, by providing emergency assistance with rent, utilities, medical care or other expenses that can become difficult during treatment. We are a donor-supported community organization and receive no funding from any local, state or federal agency. We are a stand-alone grassroots charity dedicated to easing the burden of cancer… one patient at a time.
• Manage annual giving program to reach current and potential contributors. Program includes direct mail and online giving.
• Manage the gift recognition process to ensure all gifts are appropriately recorded and acknowledged.
• Support annual fundraising events with gift and attendee tracking, with check-in and check-out processes, and with follow-up recognition and acknowledgments.
• Manage organization’s communications through email, social media, and website.
• Develop content for communications and mailings by building relationships with volunteers and hospitals.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Two or more years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising and/or communications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Experience with donor database management system, especially DonorPerfect
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Experience with auction software helpful, especially OneCause (formerly BidPal)
• High level of initiative with the ability to self-motivate
Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, and a brief professional writing sample. Submit email applications with “Development Associate” in the subject line to: Maria Hernandez, Executive Director, Caring Community Foundation, email@example.com. Submissions that do not adhere to these specifications will not be considered.