Serves as the system administrator of the North Carolina Symphony (NCS) patron and transactional database, Archtics. This position will serve as the NCS Superuser for Archtics – maintaining the integrity of the database, creating detailed reporting and analysis, providing training, and working closely with the NCS box office and the marketing and philanthropy teams. Collaborates with Philanthropy and Marketing teams to develop programs and strategies to build relationships with core patrons. This position assesses the effectiveness of a comprehensive program to earn and grow loyalty among NCS patrons that results in increased ticket buying and giving. By continually exceeding patron expectations, this position will report on patron loyalty as customers progress up the patron value ladder. While this position will assess loyalty at all patron levels, the primary focus is to provide the data and analysis to improve donor and subscriber new to file and retention rates and revenue. This position collaborates with other highly trained Archtics users in the Marketing and Philanthropy departments.
Data Administration and Leadership
• Function as the Symphony’s Archtics Superuser.
• Maintain the integrity of the Archtics database through routine data hygiene, annual system archiving and quality control of the entry, updating, and reporting of patron and transactional information.
• Deliver detailed analysis and reporting relevant to reaching organizational goals.
• Assess reporting requirements and conduct advanced training of new and existing Archtics users.
• Troubleshoot Archtics user queries.
• Utilize advanced Ticketmaster Client Tools such as:
o Group Manager- resolve user issues.
o tmMessenger- develop targeted lists, coordinate with Philanthropy and Marketing departments, report results and serve as backup eblast facilitator as needed.
o Account Manager- make season and single events available for online purchase and edit copy
• Attend annual Archtics conference to ensure NCS is taking full advantage of the software.
• Meet with staff on a regular basis to assess report requirements and evaluate existing reports.
• Serve as primary Symphony liaison to Ticketmaster.
• Coordinate the annual output cycle of season invoicing, renewals, season ticket printing and patron benefits, with the Marketing and Philanthropy departments.
• Generate recipient lists and ask amount formulas for philanthropy solicitations broken out by key donor segments, such as renewal, lapsed, giver ready, and donor ready. Assist with producing fundraising reports, conducting research and developing profiles of prospective patrons using Archtics and other software.
• Collaborate with Philanthropy and Marketing departments to manage comprehensive Eblast calendar.
• Serve as back-up for weekly sales/donor reporting when controller is unavailable and Eblast campaigns when Eblast coordinator is unavailable.
• Manage other projects and fulfill other duties as assigned.
Patron Value and Initiatives
• Work with Philanthropy and Marketing teams to develop specific pathways to systematically meet established goals for revenue and patron loyalty, design and implement data-informed strategic tactics to increase the attraction of new-to-file patrons (NTF), craft compelling invitations to increase return of NTF households, garner upgrades from existing ticket buyers and donors, and deliver an agreed upon number of subscriber and donor ready prospect patrons.
• Attend weekly meetings for Marketing and Philanthropy departments.
• Serve on cross-departmental Patron Value Team.
• Undergraduate degree.
• Minimum of five years of applicable database experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and advanced Archtics (or similar patron database) administration
• Ability to organize, manage, and complete multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with accuracy, timeliness, and enthusiasm.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and highly developed organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, formulating multi-year strategies and conceiving the plans required to achieve the strategy.
• An understanding of the dynamics of customer loyalty and retention.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of fundraising and marketing principles and techniques
• Dynamic self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit who can think strategically, with imagination, and possesses a good sense of humor with the ability to inspire others to embrace this crucial work.
• Team-oriented, flexible, positive, personable, and willingness to learn.
• Must be able to support and implement the mission, vision, and values of the North Carolina Symphony.
Applicants are requested to send resume and cover letter to HumanResources@NCSymphony.org and reference Database Manager in the subject line
(no telephone calls, please).
Compensation is competitive and negotiable, commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health insurance through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, long-term disability, life insurance, 403b Plan with employer match, and an employe