The Animal Protection Society of Durham is looking for a Customer Service Representative.
Job Summary: This position is to serve as the primary contact for the public for all shelter operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide an accurate inventory of animals within the shelter before each business day
· Check the general voicemail and adopt email daily
· Answer phones before and during open hours
· Responsible for the entire adoption process including but not limited to; reviewing adoption applications, communicating with potential adopters ,arranging visitations and filling out paperwork
· Provide counseling and education for the public including general care information, any known history on APS animals, information on acclimating an animal to a new home, training advice, potential health and behavior issues, and responsible pet ownership.
· Assist the public with redeeming their pet from the shelter, including arranging viewing of the stray animals and discussing redemption paperwork and fees.
· Review lost and found requests for the APS website.
· Complete data entry and updates into Chameleon software for accurate inventory and statistics
· Record, organize and file impoundment, application, medical and contract paperwork.
· Collect and record money for both County and APS transactions.
· Provide assistance for Durham residents needing help with their animals. This includes spay/neuter, medical care, financial assistance and other APS resources as needed.
· Coordinate with other departments and management to accomplish APS goals.
· Ability to work every Saturday.
Qualifications & Skills:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional and compassionate customer service
· Knowledge of positive training techniques
· Knowledge of common medical and behavioral issues for animals
· Knowledge of shelter standards of care
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and Chameleon software
· Ability to remain calm in often highly emotional and stressful situations involving the public
Education & Experience
· High School Diploma
· Previous customer service as well as animal shelter experience highly desired
· Bilingual preferred
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. No phone calls please.