TROSA is seeking to fill a newly created, full time, temp to permanent position as a Communications and Outreach Assistant.
• Position is responsible for helping to create and coordinate key communication deliverables for TROSA
• The Communications and Outreach Assistant must thrive in a nonprofit environment with limited supervision, and quickly comprehend and act on changing priorities when necessary.
• Collaborate with Director and act as writer and editor for marketing and communications channels
• Manage vendor bid process and quality service delivery including design, production, and mailing as needed
• Manage or assist in composing and editing newsletters, appeals, invitations, signage, displays, takeaways, posters, tickets, and other collateral materials.
• Update media kits, and fact sheets as needed
Social Media and Website
• Manage TROSA’s social media presence on all relevant platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Constant Contact.
• Manage and regularly update TROSA’s website with fresh, compelling content
• Monitor and present relevant data, trends, successes, and best practices in accordance with TROSA’s mission
Events & Donor Relations Communications and Marketing
• Coordinate photography for events, activities, and for use in publications
• Collaborate with leadership on written grant reporting writing and programmatic updates to donors.
• Provide point of contact for print media relations and cultivate relationships with local publications to secure coverage of TROSA’s events and news
• Write, edit, and collaborate on marketing communications materials for internal departments as requested, including PowerPoint presentations
• Maintain graphics, photograph files, and press clippings files
• BA required, preferred concentration in Communications, Public or Media Relations, or related experience
Knowledge and Skills
• Superior writing and oral communication skills
• Strong editing skills
• Basic Microsoft Office skills
• Basic design/layout experience (Adobe Products, Microsoft Publisher, Canva or other comparable programs); Google AdWords management a plus
•Knowledge of media contacts a plus
•Experience with Nonprofit organizations
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Salary for this position is competitive and is commensurate with prior experience.