Western Wake Crisis Ministry is a 37-year-old nonprofit in Apex North Carolina with a mission of partnering with those in crisis, helping them gain stability through basic supports for food, financial/housing assistance, education, and opportunity
The organization seeks a full-time, Spanish-speaking Case Manager to help our clients identify and achieve their goals and meet their needs through various services. The Case Manager consults with clients on their plans for effective use of their assets and resources to attain more stability and security from poverty and risk of homelessness.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Case Manager will be responsible for
• Receiving and managing financial assistance requests
• Providing advocacy, information and solutions for individuals and families
• Coordinating services and resources with a team of volunteer intake workers and agency administration
• Connecting clients to community resources
• Facilitating the development with clients of support networks and sustainability plans
• Maintaining confidential, accurate, detailed records of services, consultations, and plans with clients
• Bachelor's degree in social work or field related to human services
• Experience in community-based organizations and crisis services programs, housing counseling, or other social service programs with vulnerable, low-income and at-risk populations.
• Spanish fluency required.
• Knowledge of social work values, principles, and techniques
• Knowledge of social services guidelines and resources for housing, utilities, transportation, and medicine
• Working from asset-based, trauma-informed, client-centered, and coaching models of service
• Ability to lead, support and manage volunteers
• Active listening skills
• Social context to understand the challenges and opportunities clients face
• Written and verbal communication to interface with diverse populations and agency representatives
• Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
• Strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficient in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite; experience using database records for client services.
Western Wake Crisis Ministry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Western Wake Crisis Ministry offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender expression, sex, age, national origin, military or veteran status, pregnancy, ethnicity, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status or any other class protected under federal and state law.
Please email a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and availability to start with your application to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Three professional references will be required of those moving forward in the process.
Benefits /Work Schedule
• Competitive salary
• Life and disability insurance, eligible for group health coverage (70% employer-paid premium).
• Full-time flexible weekday schedule, occasional evening and weekend events. Some regular work remotely in field/community-sites.