Communities for the Education of Every Child NC is a community-led, statewide coalition of organizations, parents, teachers, and students who advocate for every child’s constitutional right to a sound basic education. Our work focuses on promoting equity so that race, ethnicity, economic background, regional location, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation, immigration status, and language are not barriers to educational opportunity.
Our vision is that all students, particularly underserved and vulnerable student groups, receive the funding and supports they need to realize the education that was promised to them. We demand that all children, particularly students that are currently under-served, receive the support they need to realize academic and personal success.
The Campaign Coordinator will support work closely with members of our coalition’s Anchor Organization (NC Justice Center) but report directly to the Coordinating Committee member organizations.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Assist in the tracking of the full coalition work schedule and calendar (creating and scheduling all work group meetings, sending invites, maintaining, and updating full group and work group contact lists)
· Assist with coalition communications (develop content for e-newsletters, maintain active communication with work group lists, support development of social media content)
· Support the development and implementation of our campaign’s workplan as well and short- and long-term strategic planning
· Help manage intern and supervise volunteer teams
· Support work group Co-Chairs and individual partners through project management, agenda setting, meeting facilitation
Qualifications and Skills
· Two or more years of professional experience supporting mission-driven work, community-based solutions to economic and social inequities, public education, or advocacy.
· Strong commitment to equity and inclusion is required.
· Strong written, oral and presentation skills in English and Spanish a plus
Please send your resume and cover-letter to email@example.com.
We will be accepting applications until January 29th, 2021.