North Raleigh Ministries is a faith-based non-profit that equips families and individuals in crisis with the resources and skills they need to achieve stability.
- Ensure a positive and consistent experience for each client visiting the Food Pantry
- Manage Food Pantry phone call operations in a timely and consistent manner
- Accurately verify clients’ eligibility and complete a thorough and clear intake process for all new clients
- Ensure all Food Pantry data is entered timely and accurately
- Answer all program-related calls and forward to the appropriate staff member
- Maintain flyers with clear messaging for food pantry clients, program-enrolled clients, and donors.
- Stock client forms, shopping slips, and up-to-date flyers with client-related information.
- Ensure proper Food Pantry phone coverage as necessary.
- Ensure any staff, volunteer, or client complaints or conflicts are addressed timely and thoroughly and brought to the attention of the supervisor.
- Encourage client engagement in other North Raleigh Ministries programs
- Ensure clear communication with volunteers regarding meetings, closures, and expectations.
- Assist in providing ongoing volunteer encouragement and support through training, special events, appreciation events, and individual recognition where appropriate.
- Organize volunteer appreciation events including ordering food, preparing activities if applicable, and purchasing and setting up decorations
- Participate in quarterly volunteer meetings to keep volunteers engaged in best practices, train on any changes and retrain on any challenging areas, and share program updates and successes
- Identify needs for new volunteers within the pantry or programs and communicate those needs with supervisor
Program-Related Administrative Tasks:
- Ensure client gift cards for Journey, Journey graduation, support group, post-Journey follow ups, and food pantry purchases are properly dispersed and tracked.
- Ensure program supplies, class meals, and graduation are planned throughout each Journey cohort
- Ensure all program flyers are up to date and accurate, and create new flyers as needed.
- Ensure post-Journey and post-Transitions food pantry data is collected and tracked on an ongoing basis
- Invite Journey graduates to support group and manage RSVPs.
- Assist in collecting data for program outcomes and monthly reporting.
- Maintain clear communication with agency partners on an ongoing basis and complete partner reports in a timely manner.
- Collect monthly food pantry and program data and submit to partners.
- Coordinate site visits with partner agencies and prepare necessary documentation.
- Provide accurate quantitative food pantry data as needed to assist in food pantry related grants or projects.
- Maintain all necessary partner documentation.
Professional & Team Development:
- Ensure all technical issues are reported to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Prepare signage for any weather or holiday related closures.
- Meet weekly with supervisor to discuss administrative tasks, upcoming events, challenges, and any other program needs.
- Meet weekly in the Food Pantry staff meeting to troubleshoot any challenges and move forward with strategic plan implementation
- Participate in partner trainings, meetings, and events as applicable.
Bilingual (English and Spanish), time management, attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills, reporting, office administration, professionalism, discretion and judgement, experience working with vulnerable client populations preferred, Associates degree in Human Services or similar; Bachelors degree preferred.
Work Location: In person
Please email resume to Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring Range: $16 - $18 hourly
40 hours per week
Generous benefits package offered