Action Pathways, Inc.
Job Vacancy Announcement
Title Type: Agency Advancement Director Date Opened 1/11/2018
Department/Location Closing Date: OPENED UNTIL FILLED
Corporate/316 Green Street Entry $2000.59 TO 2433.60 bi-weekly
Required Education & Experience:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Fund Raising. Master’s Degree preferred. Proven success in funds development. At least three years experience in funds development or the communications field, preferably in a not for profit environment.
Conditions of Employment:
Background check with state and Federal law enforcement agency required. Selected applicant must submit to a pre-employment substance abuse screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs and alcohol. Upon employment must submit and receive negative results for random testing of same. Applicant must have and maintain a valid NC driver’s license and own transportation.
Action Pathways, Inc. is an “at-will” employer. Either the employee or Action Pathways, Inc. may terminate the employment arrangement at any time, with or without cause.
Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The job description or announcement is not an employment agreement or contract.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
Designs, implements and manages all agency fundraising activities including grant submission, annual giving, endowment and capital campaigns, special projects, and other agency related solicitations. Responsible for updating and implementing a strategic, multi-faceted communications program designed to build and strengthen ACTION PATHWAYS's role and reputation as a leader and authoritative voice in its field. Performs related duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
• Manages all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
• Builds and fosters collaborative relationships with other departments within the organization as well as with community partners and stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain agency's media related communication tools such as the web site, video, photo opportunities; ensuring data is accurate and updated regularly.
• Plan and foster advertising and promotional activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail. Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image.
• Develop and submit grant proposals for funds from private foundations, corporations and government agencies.
• Supervise a staff of communications and funds development professionals
Applicant must be able to:
• Possess persuasive written and verbal skills and must be detail oriented and able to edit and proofread materials.
• Experience managing special events and media tours independently as needed.
• Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
How to Apply:
Applications may be obtained at Action Pathways, Inc., 316 Green Street, Fayetteville, NC or download at www.actionpathways.ngo. Applications and resumes must be received by 4:00 pm on the application closing date listed in the announcement. Please direct all applications to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”
Action Pathways, Inc. hires only United States citizens and lawfully authorized aliens who are in compliance with the
Immigration Reform and Control Act.