Reports to: Office Manager
Directly Supervises: Office Volunteers
Status: Full Time (35 hours/week)
The Administrative Assistant maintains membership records and completes various office tasks, while representing the mission and values of the church.
• Keep all records up to date (including ACS and Church Registers)
• Prepare mailings and emails
• Help Program Staff with various administrative tasks
• Create content as needed, utilizing the Adobe Software Suite
• Manage staff calendar and facility reservations
• Oversee the main office area i.e. assist people who come in, answer phone calls, sign-out keys, answer questions, and distribute mail
• Process and prepare correspondence and certificates related to membership transfers to and from UPC, working closely with Clerk of Session
• Provide immediate supervision of office volunteers
• Organization and Detail-Oriented: Keep office, files, and supplies in place and up to date
• Communication: Effectively relay information, both verbal and written, while representing the church
• Time Management: Prioritize and complete tasks efficiently
• Flexibility: Willingness and ability to adapt to change
• Team Player: Help others as much as possible
Qualifications: Must be courteous and able to communicate graciously via email, phone and face-to-face. Must be able to work efficiently in a busy main office with many interruptions. Strong computer skills, organization, attention to detail, discretion required. Experience with ACS (church database) and Google calendar preferred. Familiarity with Mac OS preferred as that is the main operating system currently in use.
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years administrative and/or customer service experience preferred.
This is an entry level position
Please respond with a cover letter and resume.
Send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical benefits for employee and family; death and disability coverage; pension (vested after 3 years of employment); 20 days of PTO per year.