Computes, classifies, records, and verifies numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records. Provides administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serves as the billing agent/specialist for the agency. Is responsible for posting bills and insuring that client records substantiate prepared billing
• Stays up to date on all external billing requirements; provides technical assistance to billing staff as needed
• Reconciles and tracks billing; prepares weekly & monthly reports to update staff and administration
• Compiles, sorts and files documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
• Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to computer spreadsheets and databases, including reconciliation of benefits and of accounts receivable. Monitors accounts receivable for accuracy.
• Identifies and prepares accounts payable, posting payments appropriately
• Cuts checks against approved invoices and requisitions; applies chart of accounts and allocations as appropriate.
• Invoices funding sources and other(s) as assigned.
• Assists in budget and funding application preparations including grant reporting as assigned.
• Files vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records; pulls invoices as requested.
• Reconciles report discrepancies and problems; assists in report preparation.
• Reviews computer printouts; assists in monitoring financial transactions. Provides technical assistance to agency staff as needed.
• Is responsible for maintaining agency records, archiving, storage, inventory, and retrieval
• Is available and assists as needed with auditors/program monitors
• Provides back up to the Administrative Assistant as needed. Assumes receptionist and other administrative duties in the absence of the Administrative Assistant.
• Closes up office nightly.
• Completes all required trainings.
• Participates in agency outreach and fundraising events.
• Demonstrates a willingness to assist in other agency programs as needed.
• Acts as a custodian and demonstrates responsible and ethical use of agency property and facilities.
• Displays sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
• Strives to embody the agency’s Code of Ethics while working towards the agency’s Mission.
• Learns and demonstrates Agency-wide Competencies including the areas of consumer and community relationships, continuous individual and agency-wide improvement, vision and purpose, respect and teamwork and positive leadership.
• Learns, develops, and models Positive Youth Development core competencies resulting in capacity to contribute to the mission of Haven House Services and be a resource to our youth and families, other partner organizations, and our community
• Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
• Potential exposure to bloodborne and/or airborne pathogens
• Valid North Carolina Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
• Acceptable background report
• Negative drug screen
• Current/valid proof of car insurance
Please send resume and cover letter to Julianne Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org, please reference NC Center for Nonprofits in your email.