Job: Coordinator of Enhanced Client Services
Reports to: Director of Self-Sufficiency Services
Classification: Part-time (18 hours per week ). Non-exempt from FLSA. 75% Remote Work
Organization Summary: Compass Center for Women and Families is hiring a part-time Coordinator of Enhanced Client Services. Join our growing non-profit organization with an annual budget of $1 Million+, a committed staff, and dedicated volunteers to continue Compass Center’s long history of successful service delivery to community members in Orange County and the surrounding area. Compass Center is proud to serve over 6,500 clients each year with essential programs and services like career and financial education, legal resources, and support groups, all open to the public. Additionally, Compass Center is the only Orange County resource for comprehensive domestic violence crisis services and education. Compass Center works closely with Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, offering sexual health programming and empowerment programs related to healthy relationships in middle school health classes.
Position Summary: The primary responsibility of the Coordinator of Enhanced Client Services is to provide effective program support and management that assists clients in accessing enhanced housing and mental health services. The position will process payouts to vendors related to the agency’s Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Therapeutic and Housing Services grant and maintain the financial records related to grants expenses.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: VOCA Therapeutic and Housing Services Grant Work
● Responsible for accounts payable and maintenance of detailed records of expenditures incurred for clients.
● Responsible for monthly invoicing of and communication with vendors such as mental health service providers, landlords, and utility services.
● Maintain proper documentation of client and vendor contacts.
● Coordinate with staff and advocates to accomplish goals of the project.
● Track expenses of grant and maintain records of the grant budget.
● Assists with the timely and accurate filing of monthly grant cost reports.
● Assist with construction of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and ad hoc projection reports.
● Other duties as assigned by the Director of Self-Sufficiency Services.
● Associate’s or Bachelor's degree preferred; accounting experience a plus.
● Experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)or Google Docs required.
● Fluency in spoken and written English required, Spanish preferred
● Ability to communicate complex information effectively
● Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and the ability to work with diverse groups. Possess empathic listening and communications skills that can be adapted for survivors with various needs
● Have an understanding of the barriers that exist in reaching out for support and connecting with community resources.
● Exhibit a passion for building trusting and empowering relationships with survivors.
● Enjoy working with a team of other committed and passionate staff members.
● Demonstrate the ability to perform job duties with a high degree of initiative and professionalism; demonstrated sound judgment, and patience.
● Access to internet to perform job task
● Possess a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and reliable vehicle preferred.
We actively encourage diverse candidates to apply. Compass Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, genetic information, or veteran status.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references (prefer at least one from a direct supervisor) firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and will be accepted until filled.
Classification: Part-time (18 hours per week ). Non-exempt from FLSA. 75% Remote Work Salary: $17.34/hr.