Empathy is at the root of connection, communication, collaboration, and engagement – all things we aim to embody in our nonprofit communities. As staff and volunteers, we seek to understand those we serve through our mission-driven work and continually strive to meet their needs with our programs and services. Are we bringing that same intention to understanding our internal teams? Our partnerships?
Speaker Sharon Steed shines a light on the role of vulnerability and empathy in creating inclusive teams and powerful collaborations. By sharing her own story as a life-long stutterer, Sharon illustrates how cultivating these traits through empathy actions that teams can incorporate into their own practices and help them be better communicators, more focused collaborators, more thoughtful leaders, and creators of environments ripe for inclusion. Through her talk, Sharon will help us:
- Define what empathy is for each individual and team,
- Understand why empathy is imperative in every office and on every team,
- Discover why and how vulnerability is the gateway to opportunity,
- Identify how to truly engage with those we serve, coworkers and teams by engaging empathy at work
Nonprofit staff and volunteers, funders, donors, community members, and anyone interested in the topic of exploring a healthy nonprofit sector is welcome to attend.
MANP is offering pay-what-you-can options:
- Suggested price: $49
- Option 1 Pay-what-you can: $39
- Option 2 Pay-what-you can: $29
- Option 3 Pay-what-you-can: $19
- Cost should not be a barrier to attend. For a scholarship, email Learn@NonprofitMaine.org.