Money is the fuel that drives your organization forward. Board members need to understand the tools nonprofits use to track, manage, and oversee money to make the best decisions for their organization.
This workshop for board members and the staff who work with them offers knowledge to strengthen their organization’s financial literacy and the opportunity to practice telling their organization’s financial story. It will cover:
- How to read a statement of financial position (balance sheet) and statement of activities (income statement)
- How to plan for cash flow over the course of a year
- How to budget to increase core mission support
- What data you should be paying most attention to
- How to improve oversight to reduce fraud and error
This workshop is accessible to people new to nonprofit finance or comfortable talking about money. It is also helpful for financial experts looking for ways to communicate financial topics with a diversity of people. Participants will receive a workbook to help bring lessons back into the life of their organizations.
Use code TEAM25 to save 25% when registering two or more from the same organization.