This course is the third module in a 3-module series designed for new board members, seasoned board members, staff that need to understand the board's role, and anyone considering joining a board of directors. Boards are a decision-making body and responsible for governing a nonprofit organization. Providing overall leadership and policy direction, standards, and ensure their loyalties are to the nonprofit through prudent good faith decisions to advance the nonprofit organization's mission.
In Module 3: Board Revitalization you will:
1) Learn how to perform each of the 8 steps in the board revitalization cycle
2) Examine how a board governance committee can benefit your board's revitalization
3) Create a board matrix to assess your board's current assets and identify board needs
4) Learn how to create a board recruitment plan
5) Discuss the importance of a well-designed board member orientation and some best practices
6) Create ways to keep your board members motivated and engaged
7) Discuss the importance of board terms and bringing new people to the table
Refunds/Cancellations: There are no refunds after the registration deadline of 09/22/19. If the class is canceled by UNCW due to low enrollment, inclement weather, etc., a full refund will be issued.
To sign up for all 3 Responsible Board Governance sessions, register here. Cost is $45 for all 3 sessions.