This course is the first module in a 3-module series designed for new board members, seasoned board members, staff that need to understand the board's role, and anyone considering joining a board of directors. Boards are a decision-making body and responsible for governing a nonprofit organization. Providing overall leadership and policy direction, standards, and ensure their loyalties are to the nonprofit through prudent good faith decisions to advance the nonprofit organization's mission.
You will learn:
- Board member roles including legal and operational responsibilities
- How to ensure mission-driven decision making
- Why transparency is crucial in the nonprofit sector
- Individual legal responsibilities
- Importance of board oversight
- Policies all nonprofits SHOULD have in place
Refunds/Cancellations: There are no refunds after the registration deadline of 9/08/19. If the class is canceled by UNCW due to low enrollment, inclement weather, etc., a full refund will be issued.
To sign up for all 3 Responsible Board Governance sessions, register here. (Cost is $45 for all 3 sessions)