To make real progress in advancing equity and justice in our communities, nonprofits and funders need to reimagine how they do what they do, who does the work, and why. Join the Maine Association of Nonprofits for this important conversation with highly respected innovator, educator, and thinker, Shari Dunn, as she discusses the current equity challenges that exist within the philanthropic and nonprofit sectors and offers an alternative path, the social enterprise model rooted in trust-based philanthropy. She will illuminate the history, the challenges, and how staff, funders, and importantly the nonprofit board, can help transform the sector including:
- Identifying this moment of great change for nonprofit sector
- The interplay between philanthropy and nonprofits
- How nonprofits see themselves
- Philanthropy historically and what it should look like now
- The role of board members
- Addressing race and racism
Nonprofit staff and volunteers, funders, donors, community members, and anyone interested in the topic of exploring a healthy nonprofit sector is welcome to attend.
MANP is offering pay-what-you-can pricing:
- Suggested price: $49
- Option 1 pay-what-you can: $39
- Option 2 pay-what-you can: $29
- Option 3 pay-what-you-can: $19
- Cost should not be a barrier to attend. For a scholarship, please email Learn@NonprofitMaine.org.