The Nonprofit Management Institute is a virtual, interactive cohort learning opportunity designed for nonprofit managers. This online learning experience will guide participants through the Center's Principles & Practices guide which is designed to assist nonprofits with a greater understanding of management functions essential to the growth and development of their organizations in the following key topic areas: Board Governance; Strategic Planning; Fundraising; Financial Management; and Human Resources. Practical skills acquired through each topic area are designed to build organizational capacity and help achieve sustainability.
Sessions will be held on Tuesdays, September 15 - October 13, from 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM.
Cost is $350 for Members and $500 for Non-Members for all five sessions.
Registration is now closed.
October 6 - Fundraising and Financial Management
Fundraising: Cultivate and steward donor relationships as a basis to acquire grants, sponsorships, and contributions for annual giving and major giving to achieve financial stability
- Establish systems and procedures to identify, ask, and acknowledge donors for contributions
- Cultivate donor relationships to foster consistent donor giving, secure foundation grants and corporate sponsorships, and imple-ment an annual individual giving campaign
- Steward donor relationships to acquire contributions through major giving, capital campaigns, and/or endowments
Financial Management: Manage financial resources by tracking and monitoring revenues and expenses, understanding and analyzing financial reports and information, and establishing a diversified revenue portfolio to achieve financial stability and maintain the public’s trust
- Track and monitor revenue and expenses based on accurate book-keeping, record keeping, and financial reporting
- Understand and adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IRS accounting requirements
- Analyze and use financial reports, data, and information to maintain a diversified revenue portfolio, guide decision making, and achieve financial stability