In this training of trainers (TOT), we will develop participants’ capacity to use the Pride in the Triangle LGBTQ+ Workplace Equity Toolkit to design, facilitate, and evaluate workplace equity training events to create a more equitable and inclusive work environment for LGBTQ+ colleagues.
- Introductions and workplace training goals and objectives
- Overview of effective training skills
- Overview of LGBTQ+ Workplace Equity Toolkit:
- LGBTQ+-related terminology, concepts, misconceptions, and history
- Business case for equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace
- Empathy and allyship for LGBTQ+ colleagues
- Initiating constructive conversations and interventions
- Commitment to take action to promise equity and inclusion for LGBTQ+ colleagues
- Teach backs: practice facilitating Toolkit contents, giving and receiving feedback, and making improvements
- Planning and design guidance and next steps: leadership and employee engagement, invitations, and planning steps and timeline
Registration includes two-day training of trainers and follow-up webinar with customized coaching, LGBTQ+ Workplace Equity Toolkit, catered lunch, and daily refreshments.