This full-day workshop focuses on effective strategies for researching and writing foundation grants (state and federal grants are not part of this program). Through lecture, group discussion, and hands-on activities, you'll practice with and leave with new ideas and actual writing samples that can be incorporated in your next grant proposal. You'll learn about:
- Philanthropy in the U.S. – where do grants fit in?
- The Logic Model – what is it and why you need one?
- How to go beyond Google in your grant research – determining who to ask and how much to request
- Five questions you must answer in every grant proposal
- How to write essential elements including the need statement, goals, objectives and outcomes, evaluation plan, and budget narrative
- What happens after you submit your proposal
- What to do when you get the grant (and when you don't)
The event is limited to 25 registrants.