This introductory, 3-day course provides a comprehensive overview of fundraising principles at the fundamental level. The international standard for training those new to fundraising, this course offers a complete overview of the development function, from developing an integrated plan to working with volunteers to securing the gift, featuring the most current information and techniques.
- Recommended for professionals with 0-4 years of fundraising experience and individuals transitioning into the sector
- Full participation in the course is applicable for 15 CFRE continuing education credits
This intensive program is facilitated by experienced local fundraising professionals using an active learning style, including case studies and projects for groups and individuals, making the learning experience both substantive and enjoyable.
Learning objectives include:
- Discuss the essential components of an integrated development plan.
- Explain the elements of a marketing and communications plan that shares the organization’s message, informs constituents, and engages donors.
- Develop and sustain relationships with prospective donors, current donors, and volunteers.
- Plan individual and group solicitation strategies to secure annual and major gifts.
- Execute management policies and procedures to ensure fundraising activities are conducted with proper records management and stewardship.
- Demonstrate key ethics and accountability principles and practices in fundraising activities.
Please note: Although this course is intensive, the schedule has been formatted to span three days with regular breaks and a lunch hour to allow for a positive virtual experience and accommodate those working remotely with caretaking responsibilities