In the process of helping organizations with Strategic Planning, it is common to ask if they are familiar with the organization’s strategy and whether they have an idea of where they see the organization in 5 years. After these conversations, it is not uncommon to get as many different responses as people in the group. It is imperative for an organization to have a clear direction, which cannot be effectively achieved without having a strategic plan in place. If you don’t know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere. (Henry Kissinger)
In this interactive 90 minute workshop, you’ll learn about:
- What is Strategic Planning and why it is vitally important?
- The role of the Board in formulating the organization’s strategy.
- The strategic planning process.
- Before I figure out where I am going, I need to know where I am – Organizational analysis.
- How to formulate a balanced and meaningful set of strategic objectives
- Who are we, who do we serve, what value do we provide and what makes us different from the rest?
- Figuring out where we are going and how to get there (Vision and Mission)
- How to make sure the Strategic Objectives are implemented