This course is the 2nd course in a 4-module series designed to increase nonprofit staff and board members' understanding of financial processes and how to use financial reports to help create a proactive decision-making environment. This class is not taught by your average accountants, so join us for an exciting and interactive class.
During Module 2: Analyzing Financial Reports, you will learn:
1. The difference between for-profit and nonprofit financial reports
2. Cash basis and accrual basis reporting
3. How to read the following financial reports to help make proactive decisions and detect potential mismanagement:
- Statement of Financial Position
- Statement of Financial Activities
- Cash Flow Worksheet
4. How to calculate simple financial ratios and use them to see "down the road"
Refunds/Cancellations: There are no refunds after the registration deadline of 10/13/19. If the class is canceled by UNCW due to low enrollment, inclement weather, etc., a full refund will be issued.
To sign up for all 4 Financial Accountability sessions, register here. Cost is $110 for all 4 sessions.