Whether you are new to your nonprofit board or staff or have substantial experience in the nonprofit environment, this workshop will help enhance your ability to prepare and use financial information for better decision making. Attendees will have the opportunity to suggest an issue or question to be covered in addition to the topics to be discussed, including:
- Designing and implementing a meaningful system of internal controls
- Understanding IRS Form 990 and how to use it
- Creating meaningful reports for the board, funders, and other third parties
- Budgeting, its preparation, role, and use as a management tool
- The importance of the annual audit and the auditor relationship.