Discover how nonprofits can influence policy locally and statewide!
Held in conjunction with our Nonprofit Town Hall series, this advocacy workshop will allow nonprofits to work in small groups to develop an advocacy strategy and plan for their organizations, as well as answer these important questions about lobbying and nonprofit advocacy:
- What is lobbying?
- Can nonprofits lobby?
- How can I interact with my elected officials?
- How can my organization weigh in on legislative actions that affect us?
- What strategies are effective in talking with elected officials?
- What difference will my voice make?
- Can my Board of Directors be involved?
- Will funders penalize my organization for advocacy efforts?
Price is $50 for Members/Sustainers and $60 for Non-Members and includes a meal.
Registration is now closed.
Is cost a barrier to your organization? Please let us know.