At the heart of every mission-driven grant proposal stands a mission-driven budget. A good budget provides an honest, complete, and clear picture of all the resources necessary to perform the proposed work. It is also an invaluable management and evaluation tool for the grant-funded program. So how do we get there from here? Join this webinar to learn:
- Why you should never plan your proposal budget using the grantmaker’s form and what you can use instead.
- Using a real-life scenario, the six major budget categories, key issues and challenges you can expect to run into in each one, and thinking through some of the situations.
- How grantmakers evaluate your proposal budget and what it tells them about your organization.
- The importance of taking a "total value” approach to budget building, clearly and compellingly showing the value of everything it takes to do your work successfully.
- And we’ll clear away the confusion around value of volunteer time, accounting for a “match,” handling administrative/indirect costs, and other perennially perplexing budget issues.
BONUS: We’ll share the GrantsMagic U’s exclusive Master Budget Planning Checklist and Worksheet, a planning tool to help craft a budget that is comprehensive, realistic, and bullet-proof – and that will work for you, your organization, and your grantmaking partners.
Note: This is the third webinar in a six-part series. You can purchase the webinars individually or you can purchase the entire series. Series price is $180 for Members or $240 for Non-members.