The Board Leadership Boot Camp program is a series of sessions designed to inform nonprofit board leadership about best practices in critical areas that will impact board effectiveness. The program has a value of $3000 but is made possible by Executive Service Corps of the Triangle and the Triangle Community Foundation for only $100 per person.
The series is aimed at board members who are key to board leadership, and the goals are to:
- Strengthen the performance of nonprofit boards of directors
- Increase understanding of roles
- Promote better board leadership through increased knowledge.
Each nonprofit’s commitment is to send board members to a series of eight sessions from 8:30-10:30 a.m. held virtually via Zoom. Board members will all need to attend on the same date (Tues or Thurs Cohort).
Back by popular demand…LEARNING PARTNERS AND POST-SESSION BREAKOUT GROUPS
For the Fall 2021 cohort of ESC’s Board Leadership Boot Camp, ESC is offering agencies several different ways to participate in the training. Your agency chooses one of these training option at the beginning of the Boot Camp, and this option remains the same for all eight training sessions.
- Option 1: Basic Training Sessions Only – No Post-Session Breakout Group Choosing this option, your agency’s participants sign out of Zoom when the basic training ends (between 10:00 and 10:15am). You will not participate in ESC-led post-session breakout discussions; but if your agency trainees want to meet privately after any session, we encourage you to schedule separate meetings on your own.
- Option 2: Shared Breakout Groups When the basic training ends, your agency’s participants will join a shared breakout group to discuss their learnings with trainees from other agencies. This option is ideal for smaller agencies with fewer participants or for those who want more interactions with other agencies. One or more ESC representatives may also join in these shared breakout groups.
- Option 3: Private Breakout Group with ESC Learning Partners With this option, following the basic training, a Zoom breakout room is opened exclusively for your agency’s trainees along with a designated ESC Learning Partner. The LP’s primary role is to guide the breakout group’s conversation, facilitate discussion about that session’s learnings, help you consider your board’s and agency’s next steps, and answer questions. The same LP is assigned to your agency for all eight Boot Camp sessions. There is an additional one-time fee of $100 for your agency to participate in this option.
SESSION TOPICS LISTED BELOW (Dates vary depending on which Cohort your organization is in):
Orientation for both cohorts: August 19th from 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Session 1: Aug 31st or Sept 2nd– Board Leadership
Session 2: Sept 21st or Sept 23rd– The Engaged Board
Session 3: Oct 5th or Oct 7th – Better Board Meetings
Session 4: Oct 19th or Oct 21st – Nonprofit Planning
Session 5: Nov 2nd or Nov 4th – Fundraising and Resource Development
Session 6: Nov 16th or Nov 18th– Financial Leadership
Session 7: Nov 30tth or Dec 2nd – Board Diversity
Session 8: Dec 14th or Dec 16th – Nonprofit Sustainability