Discover how nonprofits can influence policy locally and statewide!
Held in conjunction with our Nonprofit Town Hall series, our Advocacy Workshops will allow nonprofits to work in small groups to develop an advocacy strategy and plan for their organizations, as well as answer these important questions about lobbying and nonprofit advocacy:
- What is lobbying?
- Can nonprofits lobby?
- How can I interact with my elected officials?
- How can my organization weigh in on legislative actions that affect us?
- What strategies are effective in talking with elected officials?
- What difference will my voice make?
- Can my Board of Directors be involved?
- Will funders penalize my organization for advocacy efforts?
Price is $50 for Members/Sustainers and $60 for Non-Members and includes a meal. Interested in joining the Nonprofit Town Hall as well? Register here!
Is cost a barrier to your organization? Please let us know.
|Region and Date||Address||Partner|
|Raleigh - March 11, 1:30-3:30 pm||
Junior League of Raleigh
Center for Community Leadership
711 Hillsborough St
Raleigh, NC 27603
|Triangle Community Foundation|
Foundation For The Carolinas
220 N Tryon St
Charlotte, NC 2820
|Foundation For The Carolinas|
|Triad - March 22, 1:30-3:30 pm||
Paul J. Ciener Botanical Garden
215 South Main St
Kernersville, NC 27284