The Center is developing plans to advocate for legislators to include a nonprofit relief fund in the next state COVID-19 response package. Your input is essential in coming up with a plan to provide meaningful relief for nonprofits. Specifically, it would be helpful to know what type of economic hardships your nonprofit has experienced due to COVID-19, so a grant program can have appropriate eligibility criteria. Examples of possible criteria could include:
- Revenue losses during some period of the pandemic;
- Shut-downs of operations due to COVID limitations;
- Loss of volunteers during the pandemic;
- Costs incurred by changing the way programs and services are provided as a result of social distancing; or
- Increase in services to meet community needs during the pandemic.
Let us know what type of eligibility criteria for a nonprofit relief fund would make the most sense for your nonprofit and other organizations in your community. Thank you if your nonprofit has already provided input.