Sign On to North Carolina Nonprofit Community Letter to State Legislators
As North Carolina legislators work on state-level relief for individuals, businesses, and nonprofits affected by the COVID-19 crisis, North Carolina nonprofits are asking for six specific state policy actions to preserve our organizations' ability to provide essential services at this time of greatest need, including:
- Protect self-insured nonprofits from unemployment liability;
- Exempt charitable nonprofits from paying sales tax in 2020;
- Include nonprofits in small business relief;
- Bolster charitable giving incentives;
- Facilitate remote meetings of nonprofit boards; and
- Seek input from nonprofits.
Sign on to the North Carolina Nonprofit Community Letter to State Legislators to show your organization's support for this additional relief for nonprofits.