As Congress considers major tax reform in 2017, it is likely to revisit tax incentives for charitable giving. The Center recently sent a letter to all of North Carolina's members of Congress encouraging them to preserve or expand incentives for charitable giving as they contemplate tax reform this year.
In 2014, then-U.S. House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-MI) recently released a proposal to reform the federal tax code.This proposal could be a starting point for discussion of federal tax reform in 2017. The North Carolina Center for Nonprofits prepared this summary of key provisions for nonprofits in the proposal.
Below are some related resources in our Information Central with a PDF download option:
- Federal Tax Reform and Nonprofits
- Johnson Amendment, 1 Page Fact Sheet
- The Centers Letter to Protect Nonpartisanship to Congressman Mark Meadows
- Non-itemizer Charitable Deduction
- The Center's Letter to Protect Nonpartisanship to Senator Thom Tillis