Kinsley, Me and Company supports families with access to community resources, provides baby items to women and children 0-5 years of age through our annual community baby showers, and assists families in finding quality childcare programs. It has been serving families throughout the Piedmont-Triad since 2020.
Through partnering and collaboration with local businesses and larger organization, we have developed a culture of continuity that supports sustainability and on-going learning, as well as opportunities for growth to achieve our mission.
Kinsley, Me and Company empowers women who battle mental health disorders while matriculating through motherhood. Our events reach the underrepresented and marginalized group of women who may not have access to certain resources such as child care and essential baby items.
Since we were founded in 2020, we have successfully hosted three community baby showers, donated 25 diaper bags filled with essential baby items such as diapers, wipes, diaper cream, body wash, and more to local maternity homes, and provided rental assistance to one mother facing eviction in 2021.
We have adapted to meet the growing and changing demands of the organization by:
- Receiving our tax-exempt status letter to place with our financial audit.
- Joined our local nonprofit consoritum and collaborated with the library to receive assistance on board infrastructure and organizational leadership.
- Expanded our volunteer network to local collegiate chapters to assist with event preparation.
- Utilized evidence-based program training to launch our post-partum support group in 2022.
- Increased referral engagement and retention through outreach by our volunteer board.