Charitable Solicitation FAQs

Answers from the Secretary of State on Charitable Solicitation Licenses

If your nonprofit's budget is over $25,000, you generally have to register with the Charitable Solicitation Licensing Division of the N.C. Secretary of State. All nonprofits should contact the Secretary of State to determine if you need to register for a Charitable Solicitation License or to apply for exemption from the license.

This resource is only available free to Members.

Members, please log in for full access to this resource.

If you're not a Member, we invite you to become one to gain full access to this and numerous other resources to help your organization.